Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Is it right for a mom to bully a child just because he/she is unpopular?

Personally, I think friendship is very important and that you should try to get together with some people your age. However, I was the same way as you in high school (wasn't that long ago, I am only 20) and my parents never made fun of me/ put me down for it. I really wanted to have more friends, but I was super shy( actually still am) and it was really hard for me, I spent most weekends alone, although I did have a few best friends I hung out with quite a bit. Still, I was home a lot more than most people my age. Tell your mom that she is hurting your feelings, and that having a bunch of friend/being popular does not make a person more valuable and less valuable if they don't. It's about the kind of person you are, being kind and compassionate. Maybe you could do some volunteer work to get out of the house and make some friends (for yourself, not your mom, you don't want to become isolated.) Good luck, and don't let your mom get you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment