Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kentucky paid lunch break laws.?

I work in KY. Health care business I work 9-10 hour days. I am paid for my 30 minute Lunch period. The Problem: My director dictates to us that we must sit in a certain area by our patients and talk and visit with them as we eat. The patients sit and eat with us at the same time. Just because we are paid our lunch can the director tell us where to sit and what to do on our lunch break?????????? we are paid our lunch because several times we must get up and do something for a patient. Yet it seems that we should have the opportunity to sit where we want and talk to who we want such as other employees (or make personal calls) as we would want with out being dictated what we can do because she pays us for our lunch. Any advice?????

No comments:

Post a Comment